Meet Your Lake Mary Orthodontist
Lake Mary’s trusted orthodontist
During this time, Dr. Beim was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society. After several years as a Navy Dental Officer, Dr. Beim returned to school to earn his Certificate in Orthodontics from Fairleigh Dickinson University College of Dentistry.
Dr. Beim opened his Lake Mary practice in 1990. Since then, he has been recognized as one of Orlando’s top dentists multiple years running.
Dr. Beim is a member of the following professional organizations:
Why an Orthodontist in Lake Mary?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Beim continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Beim has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Lake Mary orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Lake Mary orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Beim Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Lake Mary area.