Welcome to Beim Orthodontics! Taking the leap into orthodontic treatment is a big decision, and we know you’ve put a lot of thought and research into it already. We’re excited to help you improve your oral health and achieve a confident smile! Every orthodontic journey begins with an initial consultation, which is one of the most important visits you’ll have with us. Just like any new adventure, this may have you feeling a little anxious, but don’t worry—our team works hard to keep this appointment as exciting and stress-free as possible. With that in mind, let’s take a look at what you can expect from your first visit with us!
Safety precautions for when you arrive
Due to the current pandemic, we’ve made some changes to the way our appointments work. The health of our patients and staff has always been our top priority, and that’s true now more than ever. Here are the safety precautions we have in place at the moment.
- Please print and fill out the required forms prior to your appointment.
- Patients will be required to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer before entering the office.
- Patients should brush their teeth and use the restroom before leaving home for their appointment as our restroom and teeth sanitization station are closed.
- Please don’t drink anything hot or cold for 20 minutes prior to your appointment time, as we will be checking every patient’s temperature.
- Patients should text us with their name and parking spot number once they arrive. We’ll text back once we’re ready for them to enter the office.
- Once we’ve texted, patients should bring their forms and mask to our check-in tent.
- Parents should stay in the car for the duration of the appointment. At this time, we are only allowing patients in the office. If a patient needs special assistance, they may have one adult accompany them.
- An assistant will call or text parents following the appointment to discuss how it went and schedule the next visit.
- Social distancing must be maintained inside the office.
- Any patient who has a temperature over 100.4 or shows signs of illness will be asked to reschedule for another day.
Thank you for patience in complying with these guidelines. With your cooperation, we’ll be able to keep you, our team, and the families in our community healthy!
The first thing we’ll do after greeting you and getting your temperature is go over your medical and dental history. After taking several digital photographs and x-rays of your smile, you’ll be introduced to Dr. Beim! He’ll perform a thorough oral examination before going over the results with you. The information that we obtain from your history, images, and exam will allow Dr. Beim to determine if treatment is indicated for you, either now or in the future. There’s a lot to go over in this first visit, so you should expect to spend about an hour with us. That gives us plenty of time to cover all the important topics, including:
- any questions or concerns you have about your smile
- if treatment is needed immediately or if waiting is the best course of action
- what treatment options would best serve your smile
- an estimate of how long we expect your treatment to take
- the total investment required for your new smile
- any payment or financing options we have available to you
What happens after a consultation?
Once you’ve decided on a treatment plan with Dr. Beim, we’ll schedule an appointment for you to come in and have your appliance fitted or placed. Depending on whether you’re wearing braces or aligners, you’ll have regular check-ups with us every 4-8 weeks or so. During these visits, we’ll ensure your teeth are moving safely and adjust your braces if necessary.
These visits are an essential part of every orthodontic journey, and you should try your best to not miss any of them. That being said, we know that sometimes life can get in the way of our best laid plans! If you find yourself running late for an appointment or can’t make it for any reason, we simply ask that you let us know as soon as possible so we can reschedule you for another day. This will help us keep your treatment plan on track!
You should continue to see your family dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings throughout the orthodontic process. If any extra dental care is needed during this time, we’ll be happy to coordinate care with your dentist to ensure your smile not only looks great, but feels good, too.
Our practice believes that every patient should have access to high-quality orthodontic care that fits every budget. During your consultation, we’ll outline all the fees associated with your treatment and ensure you understand each one before moving forward with braces or aligners. This total cost will vary from case to case as every patient has specific needs, but we’re proud to provide a variety of affordable treatment options! We also offer flexible payment plans, and accept most major credit cards and insurance plans.
Find your best smile at Beim Orthodontics
Don’t trust your smile to anything less than an expert! Dr. Beim has been treating patients of all ages in Lake Mary for 30 years, and has been recognized numerous times as one of “Orlando’s Top Dentists” by Orlando Magazine. We have a talented team committed to creating healthy, confident smiles for our patients. Our office is safe and welcoming, a place that will feel like home from your first appointment to your last.
For your convenience, we’re now offering virtual consultations as well as in-office visits. If you haven’t already scheduled your complimentary consultation, get in touch today and we’ll be happy to help set it up for you!